Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hoppin' on my Soap Box

If you know me...I'm just a happy, go lucky quiet gal who's had enough serious crap in my life that I really don't need to deal with pettyness of such things as message boards....HOWEVER I'm really disappointed in the actions recently that have been taken upon certain members at a certain mb.

I was totally taken by surprise that a DT member was taken off the design team at this scrapbooking site due to circumstances that in my opinion are pretty shady. My surprise comes from the fact that she has been such an active and influental part of the design team and message boards. I think personally there IS two sides to every story, however I feel it is a total shame that only ONE side has been told on the message boards...and this is absolute horse do do. I don't care to associate myself with people who don't care to recognize a person's hard work and dedication. Also, without this going on...I've had my own opinions and dissatisfaction with the customer service over at the website....but now there is no way that I am even willing to stay with a company or message boards that is going to ban members for voicing their opinions that differ from the owners and her friends.

With that being said I would like to say that we all are creative gals and no one person is better than the other....that is what I always liked about that site...and now with the bad eggs that are coming into the mix....yeah you won't be finding my smiling face over there anymore.

Just a side note....if you're going to comment anonymously please don't bother commenting at all. Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I like ya and I am sooo in the dark!! Lots of luv girl! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is going on either and don't wish to know because it doesn't involve me. I am like you, I live in this bubble of pure happiness. I don't frequent ANY mbs really short of a post here or there. I think I average a post every couple of months. I think blogs are the way to go. I hope we will still stay in touch. {{{hugs}}}

Renee said...

Kel it's so sweet that you back up my decision to speak out..you didn't have to and I know you have your very OWN opinions....hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly. Although I'm not aware of all that's going on, I respect your opinion and your right to speak your mind and admire you for standing up for the people you care about. I'm sorry you're hurting. Guess I'll have to read your blog more often just to keep in touch. You're a very sweet, very special lady.

Anonymous said...

hey girl...i am very proud to call you my friend. Thanx for speaking out on how you feel....sorry if you get any backlash from it.

It is a shame that it came to this...but i am ok with it all.

Thanx for all your kind words and constant support. Thanx for recognizing my dedication and work...it really isnt a lose to me. I owe ya a huge hug when i see you!!!!