Sunday, June 18, 2006

It's just not me!!!


It's so hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes, I never say I know how you feel because really how can I, I don't have the same expirences as you and know one has the same as me..I have realized that maybe that makes me not a very good listener but I would rather have someone listen to me then try to relate...It's strange because I am only 26 and it seems like everyone I know has a story, good or bad they do I love to hear them and either comfort or congratulate or even just be there, There are two things I try not to say. It'll be ok and the secound is I know what you mean!!! Only you can decide when it's ok!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you learned that lesson early in life. I just learned this one myself and I am 42 (doesn't that sounds so old, blech!). Sometimes it becomes a contest on who has the crappiest life or who has the best or worse judging others for how they are living their lives. I just live and embrace whatever comes my way. I told MJ this morning that you can change your detiny just by having the right attitude, make lemonade!

Renee said...

It is a hard lesson to learn sometimes...we learn it at different times then other people...I try to be there and listen to whoever comes my way..because that's just the person I am....it has been hard not to be a "fixer"...but sometimes a friend only needs to be an ear for the other.

Thank you Kelly for being an awesome friend and listening to my woes in the past....and you're right only that person can say whether it will be OK or not...HUGS!

Tammy Brownlee said...

i totally agree but sometimes I get caught up in the whole thing of just saying something.... i just live my life...i try not to compare it to anyone else's...i just live it. I think in today's society of gotta bet the jones'...it can be hard not to get caught up in it...we are all just human and with that said....i have no idea what you mean! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel, so did you guys enjoy the geme? I am still proud of the Oilers for getting this far with all the odds stacked against them. If you can believe it I only have two more weddings this summer!! Much better than 8 or whatever it was last year!! Coming to ball tonight??